3 March 2014

FEBRUARY FAVOURITES


Oooommmgggg it's March already, can you believe it?! Okay so February is the shortest month of the year but still this year is flying by already! In February I've being trying out lots of new makeup bits, as well as some things I already have sitting in my collection.

Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer Kit in Light £10 - This was a new purchase for me this month and I am loving it. I've been wanting to try some of the Soap and Glory makeup range for ages as their body collection is amazing. I heard about this little kit after seeing it in on of FleurDeForce's videos, where she compared it to a similar product from Laura Mercier. Within the kit you get two concealers, a creamy peach shade which is perfect for covering dark under eye circles, a harder yellow shade great for any blemishes or red marks and also a translucent setting powder (Bobbi Brown dupe...?). I have been loving using this kit and think I have pretty much used it everyday since I bought it and at £10 for three good quality products, what a bargain! I can't wait to try some more from the range.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush (sold as a part of the core collection set) £21.99 - This isn't a new one as I've had this brush for several months but the other week I thought I had lost it and applying my foundation without it just wasn't the same, I even considered going to out to buy the set again as you can't buy them individually drama queen over here. Since finding it, in my bedroom btw (I know!) it's made me realise that it really is the best brush for applying foundation, so thought it deserved a little mention.

Maybelline BROW Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Medium Brown £4.99 - Another new purchase this month. The wand didn't how I expected it to, it's very thin goes in to a large circular shape and the end however I think this is good because it means not too much product comes out on to your brows. I use this product to set my brows in to place after I've filled them in with powder or just use it on its own when I'm feeling lazy.

Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser in Aloe Fresh £4.99 - Okay so how late on the bandwagon was I? I put off buying this for ages because I told myself that I should use up all of my other body butters and lotions before this but I couldn't resist. I hate how much of a faff it is to moisturise after a bath of shower, especially in the colder months but this is literally so quick and easy and it dries straight away. I'm definitely converted and don't think I could go back to a regular moisturiser now, I wonder if any other brands will bring out a similar product soon.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume 100ml £63.50 - I got this perfume as a Christmas present however I think that now the weathers starting to get a bit nicer touch wood, this is the perfect perfume for spring as it's so light and fresh. I also love how cute the packaging it, I believe this is the original Daisy perfume but I spotted what I think might be a new formula in John Lewis the other day which had a blue liquid?

Yankee Candle Lemon Lavender candle £9.95 - Carrying on with the scent theme I've been loving this Lemon Lavender candle, this is another Christmas present which I got from my best friend and recently I've been getting so much use from it. The lemon extracts are really fresh so remind me of spring and nicer weather and the lavender is really calming, I burn this candle a few hours before I go to sleep as it's so relaxing.

What things were you loving in February, or have you got your eye on any new things in March?

Kathleen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment