19 February 2014

HOW TO: QUICK AND EASY COOKIE RECIPE IN 10 STEPS

Recently whenever I've got bored or avoided doing coursework, I've started baking so I thought I would share with you my most recent cookie recipe and how I made them. I've made the college of photos below, which kind of follow the steps...

Ingredients: (this made me 12 cookies so you can obviously add more weight to the mixture if you'd like to make more)

125g of plain flour 
1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
100g of light or brown soft sugar
50g of caster sugar
1 egg
1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
85g of unsalted butter 
160g of chocolate chips and fudge pieces 
& some baking trays lined with greaseproof paper 

Start by pre-heating the oven to 170 degrees then...

1. Measure out the flour, bicarbonate of soda and the salt and sift them together in to one bowl
2. In another bowl, measure out and sift together the brown and the caster sugar 
3. Melt the butter (I just did mine in the microwave) the add to the sugar and mix together
4. Then add the vanilla extract and the egg to the mixture and blend that all together 
5. Slowly start to add the flour in the mixture until it has formed a dough like texture
6. Measure out the chocolate chips and fudge pieces then add to the rest of the mixture
7. Then when it is all mixed together, use a tablespoon and drop the mixture in to lumps on the baking trays making sure they are well spread out
8. Put them in the oven for about 15 minutes 
9. Then take them out the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool down. When they are cool you can decorate them if you want to - I just ready made icing pens in a few different colours
10. Enjoy!


Hope you enjoyed this post, it's something a little different to what I normally do but I think it's nice to mix it up a bit and show you what I've actually been up to (Mary Berry in the making). Let me know if you make these cookies or you have a great recipe of your own!

Kathleen xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment