1 April 2014

APRIL MAKEUP SPENDING BAN...


Hello my name is Kathleen and I am a beauty addict...

I constantly find myself 'just popping' in to Boots, Superdrug, John Lewis beauty hall etc and leaving with several new items that I didn't even plan to buy - everything is just so pretttyyyy. So for the month of April, I've decided to go on a makeup spending ban in the hope that I'll still have some money left over at the end of the month. And that I won't have to drive around super economically because I bought a new foundation instead of half a tank of petrol, please tell me I'm not the only one?...

I also have lots of different things to pay for this month like paying off the rest of my Glastonbury ticket, summer holidays, family and friends birthdays plus a years worth of car tax (the joys of growing up). Although I've made out I'm some kind of crazy lady who just spends all her money on makeup at any given opportunity, it's not as bad as it sounds. At the end of every month when I get paid, I do transfer a good amount of it across to my savings it's just the stuff left in my current account which isn't spent as wisely as it should be.

The ban means I can't buy any new pieces of makeup/makeup related things for myself for the whole month, to a lot of my friends this may sound like the easiest thing ever but you know everyone has their own weakness and all that. 

I'd love to hear if you've put yourself on a spending ban for anything before and most importantly stuck to it?

Wish me luck, Kathleen xxx

6 comments:

  1. I did one and finished about 2 weeks ago. The 1st week is hard and then it will fly by. I didn't even realise I had finished. I ended up really enjoying it as I rediscovered products I already owned.

    ♡ Kristen // www.everybeautytalks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for completing yours! Maybe I should of started off with two weeks haha, but I am excited about rediscovering some of the forgotten things I already own too! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I think like Kristen said, the first week is the hardest. And then you'll start going through your collection and realize you don't actually need anything. The hardest part is when you're shopping with a friend...and then everything looks appealing. :P Good luck, I'm still on my ban, not doing the most marvelous job, but I've cut back on spending by a lot! x

    Daphne | subgenre of a dream | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully after the first couple of weeks I might have got used to it! But like you said, I will definitely have to be avoiding the makeup aisles as much as possible! Ooh you'll have to tell me some of your tips :) x

      Delete
  3. Good luck! I failed mine after a week! but you seem to already have some fabulous items in your collection :)

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh no haha, it will be hard especially with all the new pretty spring releases! Thanks Josie :) xx

      Delete