16 April 2014

SUNNY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS


Yesterday was dad's birthday, I made him a large piece of flapjack smothered in dark chocolate and also bought him a few Bath Ales bottles.

Unluckily for him he had to go in for a boring meeting in the morning but for the afternoon, me and mum hopped on the train to meet him for some lunch. We went to the Cote Brasserie in in the centre of Bath, which was recommended by my aunty Jo who came and joined us on her lunch break.

When we arrived around half twelve, all of the outside seating was empty so although we had reserved a table we opted for one in the sunshine. I could not get over how amazing the weather was, it was actually hot and it literally felt like we were in France or Spain not (usually rainy) England. I instantly regretted wearing a wooly jumper, which I've temporarily nabbed from my friend Chelsea. Clever me didn't even wear a vest top underneath so I had make-do.



Us girls had two courses, while dad went the whole hog and had three.






Birthday bubbles!


Mother and me


I had the cod gougons and frites, it was deeelicious.


With empty plates all round, it was time for desert I chose lemon sorbet as I needed something a little cooling!



By the time we were finished, the whole patio and terrace of the restaurant were full and people were queuing to get a table so it's definitely best to get there a little bit earlier as they don't reserve outside tables. 

Even though I could of happily sat there for the rest of the day I had to keep an eye on the time, as I had to get back to Bristol for work that evening.

I'll be back with my usual beauty posts in the upcoming weeks, I just thought I'd show you a bit of what I've been getting up to with my Easter freedom.

I hope you have a lovely rest of the week, we're off out for a curry this evening - what are you doing?

Kathleen xxx 

2 comments:

  1. This seemed like a very nice day out! The pictures are just so inviting! Can't wait to have time to go out and about in the sun! xo

    MD from http://byourbself.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete